The Dragon and the Fairy (3.18) Mar 7, 2012 23:40:44 GMT 1
Post by phillydi on Mar 7, 2012 23:40:44 GMT 1
The Dragon and the Fairy (3x18)
Hi gang! Welcome back to NCISLA Rewind. It's been a long two weeks, and if you are like me, you were biting at the bit to get to watch a whole new adventure with our favorite NCIS team. Tonight's episode, The Dragon and the Fairy sounds like the whimsical title for the next book from the Chronicles of Narnia series. Except we know better, don't we?! Written by Joe Sachs (Higher Power) and directed by Tony Wharmby (Special Delivery), the team’s mission is to stake out a possible terrorist attack at an international conference to be attended by the Secretary of the Navy.
The show starts off with a suspicious attack on a Vietnamese immigrant worker from the garment district. He’s not talking and the team suspects his fear is hiding a dirty and horrifying secret…. Human trafficking. As they continue their investigation they find a sweat shop operating in LA that supports a terrorist cell trying to discredit a pro-democracy group that has been speaking out against the Vietnamese government and exposing injustice. The team is intent on revealing the ties that the sweat shop has to the terrorist group and then stopping them from planning the attack at the conference.
We finally find out the meaning behind the title of the show as Hetty explains to Callen about the myth of the Dragon and The Fairy. The Dragon and the Fairy turns out to be a metaphor for national unity. And even though the two Vietnams seem to be apart and different they share the same parents and their bond can never be broken. The reason for everything that happens in this episode is explained by the myth. Really nice tie-in.
Despite the subject matter it was a special and thought provoking episode. The script spotlighted a hidden and often sad existence for many unfortunate men, women and children as it still exists today in this country and in many parts of the world.
Best Lines of the Show:
•Hetty: Don’t make me kick your butt all the way to the locker room, Mr. Hanna! And don’t you for one moment think I wouldn’t.
• Kensi: What’s wrong with my desk?
Deeks : Nothing an industrial vacuum cleaning couldn’t fix.
•Callen: How about pizza for dinner?
Sam: How about something healthy?
Callen: Ok, sprouts on your half and bacon on mine.
Highlights of the Show:
• The whole basketball opening scene was magnificent! From Deeks’ Harlem Globetrotter moves, to Eric’s geek handoff to Nell’s 3 point swoosh! It was probably the funniest scene we have watched all season. Great team effort!
• Speaking of the basketball closing scene…Kensi hitting Deeks in the butt…oh sooo funny! Really?
• Hetty as the team referee? Her one-on-one with Sam was priceless! When she called a technical foul, I thought I was going to lose it! I think if given the chance in an official NBA game, she would strike fear in the hearts of every professional basketball player on the floor!!
• It’s fun to watch Sam’s embarrassment when he was getting measured for his shirt! Sweet!
• Does it really surprise you that Hetty knew Ho Chi Minh? Right, didn't think so!
• Agent Monty’s back! What a good boy! Go hit on some poodles with Deeks!
• The reunion of Cleary and his daughter was heartbreaking. Nice moment.
• How funny was Deeks moaning on the gym floor after Sam was called for charging?
• Is it getting hot in here? Because it feels like it’s getting a little hot in here?
• I think I just dinged a Ming!
• Deeks using the dogs to down the security guard was uproarious! I’m not going tolerate your insubordination!
• That’s my girl again!? Deeks enjoys reminding the team that Kensi’s his girl even as he continues to back pedal to try and explain what he means. But this time Kensi hears it for the first time! I think he’s really going to have some explaining to do if he uses that phrase again!
• The Densi banter keeps gets better and better as they get more and more comfortable in defining their roles as partners and friends. I love Deeks’ quiet smile after Kensi teases him about cleaning up his (paper) basketballs! (Please! They are not even big enough to worry about!) LOL! Perfect Densi moment
• Deeks: I guess it’s my turn to get shot?
Kensi: Let’s do it together.
Deeks: God, you talk pretty! Awww..
Congratulations to the NCISLA team, producers, writers and actors for being picked up for season 4 and allowing us to watch another great year of television entertain at its best….as if we expected anything less! Charlotte Kuchinsky at Gather.com said in a story about the renewal of 15 CBS TV shows : “NCIS LA is holding its own as well. The writing keeps improving and the characters are becoming more well-rounded. It's moving from a good show to a great one.” We always thought the show was great! Nice to see the rest of the world is catching up!